Opinion please...

• TMV World Legacy Member

I would like some 'constructive' feedback and an overall view of my vocals from tracks featured on my website - in the jukbox @ http://www.karengilmore.co.uk and/or my profile via this website too.

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to "Over Me". Your timbre is pleasant, but I didn't understand all that you were saying, although it may not be a problem of diction, but one of production (or one of my ears -.-'). I'd like to see a bit more variety in your tone, it would benefit you artistically. More changes in volume, more vibrato, more cracking... I don't know, you choose, according to your personal style. But I did hear some nice runs =) Anyway, it may not be the right song to use a lot of dynamics. I'll listen to a couple more.

[color=black][i]Stuff.[/i][/color]

Hi

Thanks for your feedback, as it's always interesting. I take on board your comments, although personally I can hear each word clearly, but then I suppose having sang the song numerous times I do have a distinct advantage. To challenge your opinon slightly though, not as an expert on the human voice entirely, but knowing that vibrato is an indivual thing and not something there can be more or less of as 'what you hear is what you get' being how each voice just simply 'is'. Apart from that, thanks again.

Karen