Review my singing?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey Mike! How long have you been singing? This is usually the kind of music I listen to, really, really cool vocals! How do you sing with so much distortion/scream? And have you always been able to sung in that range?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike! How long have you been singing? This is usually the kind of music I listen to, really, really cool vocals! How do you sing with so much distortion/scream? And have you always been able to sung in that range?

I've been singing since I was very young. I've only become serious about it for about 8 months or so. I took lessons for about 4 months with Devin Shelton who is the ex-singer/guitarist of Emery, but for the most part, I've taught myself. I'm glad you can dig the vocals! Now to the screaming part. When we first started this band, I had no intentions of screaming. It was something that I said I would only do if I was 100% sure it would not affect my clean vocals. One day in practice, I just got really into the music and... well... screamed, lol. From that point on, I've been able to scream in a way that does not bother my voice what-so-ever. A real blessing. My range has always been pretty high. I'm def a tenor.

Thanks so much for the support! Continue to follow us on Facebook!:D

Very professional music, recording and singing. Cool, man! Btw. that rasp of yours - does it hurt your throat and where exactly in the throat do you feel it? Just curious.

To be completely honest, I do not feel any pain when "screaming." I'm not sure how I do it to where it does not bother me, but I've found a way and I practice it quite a bit so that I do not forget.

Archived