A capella - Turn Loose The Mermaids

Tell me what you think :3 I just threw it out there so it's not in it's original key and it's slightly off-pitch at times xD

It's a VERY beautiful song I think and I'm working a bit at "controlling" my voice, dynamically and technically, not just busting out high notes and metal screams anymore :3

Being a baritone calls for something else to come with the voice.. Not just the "dazzling sound of a high timbre" :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZLb0hW8n4

I liked it alot. A folk song aria in a restaurant. I love the room sound you get when you record in this place. It sounds like a solo in church. I mean that in a good way. I am not familiar with the song but hearing you sing it, it feels "right" to me.

I know right? Very folky, I really like it too! The original is sung by a woman so it's not transferred to a male as easily... The room is outside the studio/café I work in... Fun trivia; the studio is where Miike Snow records and works.. Really great and friendly guys :3

About the singing... I am comfortable with the notes BUT.. I just don't like my timbre, the tonal quality of my voice... It doesn't sound like it "tells a story" unless I sing breathy but.. I want to move away from the breathy singing as much as I can as it fatigues me quicker and makes me have to gasp for breath more frequently.. The full closure sound I have, as an individual, sounds very unappealing..

Archived