Me singing In The Ghetto by Elvis Presley

So I wanted to explore the lower part of my register... I already have my opinion on it after listening to this... What are you thoughts? To be honest, the very last verse just sounds one hundred times better than any of the others :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL9rB-dqAYs

Oh.. Thanks I guess :P

I feel that the lower notes are much harder to be "agile" with and also harder for me to get "pretty"... I like my middle/upper middle range because it can sound very beautiful and pure... The lower notes, if I want some body to them, just don't :c

I liked the last verse probably as much as you liked it. Very soulful. If you have read the history of Elvis (almost a requirement, here,) you would learn that he grew up around Tupelo, Mississippi, learning to sing gospel in the predominantly black churches (before they called it african-american, though many people today prefer to be called black, if anything, rather than a hyphenation.) In fact, a number of people upon first hearing Elvis on the radio thought he was a black man because he was singing in the spiritual style of those churches. And I can hear you showing that same "soul." You've got the sound and the feeling, even if you've never seen the muddy waters of Ole' Miss.

Oh, that I did not know! Thanks for the information Ron, as always you're a human encyclopedia :P I did not notice the "soul" thingy until you said it which prompted me to listen to it... :3 Kinda cool I guess! :D

Archived