Avenged Sevenfold - Gunslinger

• TMV World Legacy Member

I was testing out my new mic with this song and figured i'd post it. Does it sound decent? I have to turn my head when I sing the loud parts or the mic gets oversaturated as hell, and have to record more parts separate which is kind of a pain. Any tips on that would be helpful. I'm reading stuff online as well but most of them are recommending pop filters and all of that....hopefully I can get it a little better without stuff like that.

Avenged Sevenfold - Gunslinger

http://picosong.com/wFAL/

The intro sounded very good to me, and you have a really good classical voice when it comes to singing those light, easy parts. When you had to really apply the rasp and really push, you sounded strained, but still on pitch.

Being an A7X fan, this was a well done cover I appreciate the fact that you covered this song

Here is my honest opinion for what it's worth. I may not have the technical jargon or know how, but I have an ear and I have been studying "the sound" of music for almost half a century :D Don't get nervous, this isn't bad. Overall I think you can sing. It's just that right now, at least for the example you just posted, it's kind of like a nice suit that needs to be ironed.

I think the first minute and 23 seconds sounded like it lacked control. It was also pitchy to me in spots. It sounded full in some places then weak in others (control). Right at the 1:23 mark when you switch to the loud raspy parts, there is too much separation; at least for my ears. In other words the transition wasn't smooth enough for me. Overall, and this is probably due to a lack of control, the whole thing just didn't flow.

But the good news is your voice sounded good. It was just the structure was weak in my opinion. The desighn was good the structure was weak...how about that? So I'm not criticizing your voice only how you put the song together. :)

One more note. In this day of technology and new recording devices and programs some of the fabricated backing tracks sound very "cold" to me and also very boxed or sharp edged. I don't like it. In the other case..backing tracks, such as you posted. I think it hurts you. This is because, at least to me, the vocals seem to lay on top of the music rather then become a part of it. I really don't like the sound of it.

Tommy

Archived