Song I Made, critique and feedback please

• TMV World Legacy Member

I have spent about 45 minutes on this song but im not sure if I should continue because I dont think my voice sounds good enough or if the song is even good. I am going for a chill sound kinda like sublime or slightly stoopid but a little more pop i guess? im not really sure, so could you please rate my singing and rate the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beBNQo6pQnE

Thank You!

First off, your login id is a bit of a misnomer. Smooth vocals and pro-quality mix, even if it's just a scratch track and yet you have the temerity to call yourself amateur? No, dude, my recordings are amateur. Yours is polished.

The song is great and your voice is perfect. There should be more of it. Nice chord progression but an unending repeat is a bit of a wash without some fills or other instruments. I could noodle my guitar over that all day. So, maybe you could add some solo fills or have your guitar player do it, if it's not you.

In other words, proceed forward with this. I smell a hit song in the making. The kind that countless women will buy and countless men will buy for the women in their lives.

As in, why have you not done that, already? What are you waiting on, Christmas? Your first presentable recording is considered first copyright, so, keep that file. Also, the first place you u/l'd that for public listening is also worthy as a copyright. But go ahead and get it copyrighted with the US Copyright office. Get yourself listed as a songwriter with either BMI or ASCAP, and SESAC if you plan to sell to foreign countries. Second, establish your own publishing company. This will cost approx 10 to 20 dollars USD, depending on where you are. You go to the county office with your company name. With a publishing company name, you have a way to represent your songs. Shop your songs to others, if you lack the backbone to sing them in public, yourself. Anyone that uses your song has to pay copyright lease to the orgs I mentioned. And they cut a check to you, not some record company.

Do it. Daylight is burning and you live only once (no offence to those who believe in reincarnation.)

wow thanks for the great insight! do you really think I could be good enough to have people like my music, im way to embarrassed to show anyone not on the web. and the whole name thing, sorry about that, i am an amateur singer and have never sang in front of anyone cause I hate my voice. And the mastered mix only took about 10 minutes on garageband and I have a 60$ condenser mic that i recorded all the parts on. Ya ill def put some little fills and stuff over the uke, I just didnt want it to sound too cluttered. If you have any more advice it is welcome, you seem to be very knowledgable.

Excellent. I'm in agreeance with Ronws. Very Sell-able sound with commercial values. What you have there are the beginnings of a potentially great song. My background is that of a composer (who sings for fun), so I can tell you that the next step for you, is to craft this into a song with structure. After the vocals at 0:45, maybe you could change up the chord progression, maybe modulating to another related key perhaps.... maybe a good moment to make a bridge into some kind of chorus that complements and contrasts the first part ?

That's just my 2 cents on it. It's all entirely subjective of course, you may have you own unique visions as to the direction it will take! I look forward to hearing what you make of it.

how do you create a fluid transition as to mine always sound awkward and dont sound smooth. also, what is a good way i can get pro sounding drums to fit my song using garageband and i do not play the drums and the sounds on garageband lag to much and do not fit well.

Archived