first timer

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi there! totally new to this whole thing but if you could give me a bit of feedback on my first attempt at singing somewhere other than the shower, that would be great! :) thanks!

I'm at work and the computer here has no speakers other than the computer sound (an old tower PC). But from what I heard I thought you had a pleasant voice and a lot of potential. The recording was a bit fuzzy and with no backing music it is hard to get a good read. Also it is difficult to sing accapella like that and stay on pitch. Your pitch wavered a little here and there but I've heard a lot worse. I think it's just a matter of training and a few technique tips for you to quickly improve. But your instrument is good so you have a head start!

:)

really appreciate the feedback tommy! thanks for your honesty! yeah, unfortunately i can't play any instruments so i couldn't play and sing…and as a 'closet' singer i don't get much time to practice except when driving! :P I am considering getting a few lessons though…certainly in terms of correct breathing and the like…so hopefully with some training i may have potential! cheers! :)

really appreciate the feedback tommy! thanks for your honesty! yeah, unfortunately i can't play any instruments so i couldn't play and sing…and as a 'closet' singer i don't get much time to practice except when driving! :P I am considering getting a few lessons though…certainly in terms of correct breathing and the like…so hopefully with some training i may have potential! cheers! :)

Until you get a teacher you can learn a lot right here. Also books and CD's. Some books come with vocal exercise CD's. I too am a car singer :D I do sing out now and again at Karaoke, but I have spent many years only singing in the car. You don't have to play an instrument. Get some backing tracks to sing to and record that way. :)

Good luck and practice practice practice. Visit the techniques section here and start studying!!! ;)