Helstar- Baptized in Blood cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys, this is a partial cover of a Helstar (american power metal) song I did a couple of months ago. I'm 16, have never taken a musical lesson of any kind (do intend to, eventually), smoke, and I also have exceptionally weak falsetto, so I only sing in full voice. Tips and comments are welcome

I think if you re-post your clip with far less effects on your voice (perhaps just some basic reverb and compression), no doubling etc, it would be much easier for people to give feedback on your singing. Having said that, I can hear some good stuff in there (some pitch issues here and there perhaps), but I'll refrain from commenting further until I can hear it a little dryer. I think you'll get more people commenting if you re-post.

Look forward to hearing it :)

There's not that much on it, I didn't double anything, I just laid the vocals over the original track, that's why it sounds doubled, we have pretty similar voices. I know of just one way of removing the original vocals and it's probably going to (*auto edit*) up the whole song. Edited with Cool Edit Pro, put on a bit of echo and Hard Limiting. My microphone sucks anyway, so I try and compensate for the shitty sound.

Nick has a good pont. Also, you are not likely going to find a karaoke track version of this. In the industry, a song only gets a karaoke version produced if its sold a minimum number of units as a single recording. As good as this song is, there is not enough market share to turn this song in a gold single, which would get it karaoke-sized.

And yeah, some vocal removal software does it job by removing a few frequencies that are present in the human voice. Problem is, it also removes tones from other band instruments that were in the same freq range.

I think you have a good voice and just a few spots that sounded pitchy because you wobbled in the transition from low to high. But everyone does that, now and then. The rest is good. So, if I were you, I would work on the bridging part, where you go to the slightly higher part of the lyric. The super high note, you do just fine.