Vocal Cover - Metallica - No Leaf Clover

• TMV World Legacy Member

I think you're trying too hard to sound like James Hetfield and it is making the vocals forced, tight and too throaty. There is no support there especially on the chorus'. The chorus completely loses power and doesn't match the rest of the song vocally....again, no support, which also made it go flat and off pitch. I think that if you learn to support more, add some better enunciation and then sing it more like "you" and less like Hetfield, you would be on the right track. That really sounded harsh on the throat. Somewhere in there is a decent tone. You need to work on that ;)

But I am only one opinion. Others may vary :)

hello

if you get better as support and with some pitch corrections it would be much better imo

and and how you getting that throaty sound ?

I don't know how to explain...

I think you can take this down two routes: work on imitating James Hetfield (nothing wrong if that's what you're after) or like Tommy said, work on building your own sound.

I have a habit of mimicking singers when learning a song and sometimes I have to completely abandon it and later return to it with my own understanding of the music and lyrics to make the song mine. I think it's more powerful to take ownership of the lyrics you sing, even if you didn't write them, but then, I'm a very theatrical type and I know that doesn't work for everyone :)

My brutal and honest opinion? I enjoyed it very much until the chorus. The verses sound well rehearsed (not to say there's not room for improvement, there always is ;) ) but the in the chorus you lost confidence and - I think - the ability to follow through the softer sounding, but equally as deep emotions portrayed there. I hope that makes sense? I guess what I'm trying to say is gravel, growl and loud isn't the only way to express deep emotions.

Keep working on it, because there's some good progress to be made! :)