First Recording

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello all. I made a one-take recording for a friend of my singing; I'm sitting in my car and singing along to a cd version of "My Iron Lung," by Radiohead. I'm new to singing, and this is my first recording. It's not very good(especially compared to the singers on this forum) and the sound quality is poor, but I'd still love to hear any constructive criticism. It was very instructive recording myself: I'm going to do it regularly so I can correct the many issues with my voice.

Anyways, here is a link to the private soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/diffeomorph/my-iron-lung/s-1ndta

Thanks! :)

Acrually, that sounded pretty good for someone new to singing.

Nice expression in the song. It's like you capture the emotional intent of the song and that is very important.

Thank you. I was so pleased with how informative the recording was that I've changed my practices to incorporate it. After warm-ups and abstract vocal exercises I record myself singing a song, mark it up, and then record again and again with an eye to removing the bad while keeping the good. Soundcloud allows timestamped comments so I can easily match comments to spots in the song.

I'm now working through The Beatles, since their voices are similar to mine. I'll post another recording whenever I get a song worked up to where I'd like.