Who Am I - Les Miserables - 1st Head Voice Recording

• TMV World Legacy Member

So here is me singing Who Am I from Les Miserables, and I would appreciate any feedback anyone would be willing to give me. This is the first time I've ever recorded myself singing any type of head voice which happens at the very end. The "2-4-6-0-" is at an F#4, and the "oooonneee" part is a B4. If anyone could give me some feedback on my singing in general, as well as the head voice sections, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm nervous, this is my first attempt at recording myself, and I apologize if the audio isn't as clear as a studio recording or anything.

Thank you,

Jonathan.

I think you're pretty much on the right track. Love the head voice on the last note. Although, this is a personal preference, a belty B4 would have more impact for me, especially with the nature of the song.

Are you working on some mix? But all in all, the transition was really good.

Oops, sorry David. I just tried it again and it worked for me...not sure what's happening there. Thank you Picklejarr. I played around with both, but I think a Belty B4 from me would have been too strange sounding. I have been working on mixing, but my really loud head voice sounds too bright and splatty, and I'm not sure how to change it. It's either operatic sounding, or really "rock splat" as I call it, and I don't know how to not do that. Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it!