Hurt by Christina Aguilera please Critique =)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I like Christina, though I usually listen to rock. I liked her in the "Lady Marmelade" cover. I like her song, "Beautiful." She's actually more of a belter, the reason she was chosen to collab on "Lady Marmelade." She doesn't use as much tone through the nose, like you are doing.

It's okay to use the sinus to resonate but the tone should come out the mouth, not the nose.

A couple of short cuts. Smile just a little to access the back of the sinus. But imagine and feel the ball of the note at the meeting of the soft palate and hard palate. Make an 'h' sound with the middle of the tongue. Feel that spot? When you feel a buzz or vibration of "presence" there, you are in the right spot and the note will be full and not so through-the-nose airy.

You are actually going to lose resonance singing through the nose, which is making you push.

But your pitch sounded pretty good.

Hi Aggie.. I had a bunch of critiques for your performance here.. but think it would be premature to critize some parts, as I think you have the skill.. However, I think you should record it to the backing track...

Some parts you were pitchy, off key... and flat... BUT that could be several different factors..

Near the end.. in your high register, you totally lost it..

Crashed... haha.. sorry.. but you did (we ALL HAVE) at times..

I think you knew it too, because you stopped the energy level after it.. haha.

Cheers,

David.

There are some pitch problems in the beginning as well as the riffs after the bridge.

And Aggie, word of advise, don't ever emulate anything Christina does. She has NO TECHNIQUE whatsoever. Just a caution. I know people who follows her habits and end up bleeding.

• 3 weeks later...