New try on Silent Lucidity

• TMV World Legacy Member

Interesting choice to sing closed vowel. I had not heard it done that way before. And I am just a little jealous of your lows. Especially the chorus at the end. That was awesome, kind of a goose bump thing.

Interesting choice to sing closed vowel. I had not heard it done that way before. And I am just a little jealous of your lows. Especially the chorus at the end. That was awesome, kind of a goose bump thing.

Yes, I am singing very low mass and I tried several vowels. The I vowel seems to work best for me. If I use EH for example I am driven into a higher mass configuration (or more metal in terms of CVT). What I am using on that note is probably that Curbing thing, but I could be wrong.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Benny, I love your voice. I tried singing along and the lowest notes, I just couldn't quite get those and I so want to do this song. I am still tempted to try and, in so doing, suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune (sorry, Shakespeare.)

Anyway, I think Owen is right. Let it be light. Don't about the percentage of CT vs TA. It works fine for some. But not necessarily for all, I think. (I know it doesn't work for me, for example.)

Even do the low end light, for you. Start easy and relaxed and then, just stay there, regardless of what the pitch is.

I think the actual trick is to sing it like Geoff. You are not wanting max volume in the low end. Or any part of it, really. It is, after all, a lullaby he composed, inspired by the birth of his son.

Now, imagine, it is your son. Soft and tender is the way you sing to your son. Keep the mean, bombastic world out.