How many tears - Helloween - vocal cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi all,

I would like to show the cover that I did for this song:

I am not professional, as you can hear :) But I like to sing and learn, so, any comments and/or tips will be very appreciated.

Regards

Man, that's really cool! I can clearly hear that you were inspired by Michael Kiske version of this song. I especially liked the prechorus and chorus. The top note was amazing - pure and powerful. The thing I missed the most was a little vibrato on some of the longer notes. Rock on!

Thanks DJDeth. Yes, I listen most to Kiske live version. I don't really like Kai's voice. :)

About the vibrato, I can't relax enough yet to let it comes up naturally. If I try to emulate it sounds like a sheep. I am making some exercices to better support the voice and also relax while singing. Thanks again for listening and commenting.

Can you maybe post some samples of your vibrato? I'm sure there are people here who can help you with this kind of stuff.

Me on the other hand, I love both Kiske and Kai (I think you can find my cover of some Gamma Ray here on the forum). THere are some songs that sound better with Kai, like "Ride the Sky" or "Judas". These songs just need some rasp and agression that Kiske never shows.

DJDeth

I think I know what is happening. I can get some vibrato in exercices, producing notes very relaxed. But not all the time, and absolutely not when singing a music. I think it's really just a matter of not supporting well my voice and not relaxing. If I can I will record one of those vibratos and post here.

Jugulator

Thanks man. You're right. I have some problems with the lower parts, I think that's just a problem with supporting well the voice. By the way, your covers are awesome. :P