Beautiful - Christina Aguilera (Cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi! I'm still learning how to record properly, and im working on it but any tips or suggestions on my singing? I would greatly appreciate it!

I like this song for a number of reasons. And I am a hard rock guy from the 70's. This is a song of empowerment. My wife put a very bad guy in prison a long time ago because she had the guts to testify in court. I mean, a really bad guy. A juvenile record. A few adult arrests for attempted murder. Linked, at one time, with the Mexican Mafia, a prison gang that centers on contract murder, in and out of prison. And she stood up to him and put him in prison. So, that song is for her. But her security is paramount to me and that is why I do not mention her name nor share pics of her on the web in any form or fashion.

Anyway, digressing, sorry.

Aguilera is one of those singers whom many may not appreciate as they should but people in the know respect her. It is why she was chosen for the video for "Lady Marmelade." They need someone who could belt high and she can.

So, expecting that, I was a bit amiss at the beginning, where you are letting the ends of the notes diminish so quick and weak. I don't mean that you need to belt. Just don't let the note die off like you are tired, weak, and beaten. Because this song is not about that. You hit the right groove after the halfway point.

So, my review is stylistic, rather than technical. You have good pitch. I just want the strong woman from the start. Which you can obviously do but chose to soften, at the start.

I think you have the right voice for this song and this song is good in your voice.

Wow that was very brave of your wife! That must of taken alot of courage. I see what you mean about the notes finishing quickly. I'll try and be more aware of that. Thank you for taking time out of your day to review my video, I greatly appreciated it!