OneRepublic - Feel again

• TMV World Legacy Member

hey guys! :) if you will please take a moment to hear and leave constructive feedback of my recording singing one republic! it's acapella, I recorded away from my computer sorry. Ohhh and I messed up a lot of the lyrics towards the end my mind went blank lmao

https://soundcloud.com/idk9481/new-recording

I don't think my voice sounds very strong or that i've reached my potential but getting 1 on 1 instruction with a teacher is first on my priority list when I get the money to invest.

• TMV World Legacy Member

I liked what you did, even though I do not know the song.

Now, time for the tough love. DO NOT EVER APOLOGIZE. I shouted that to try and reach over the din of your fragile ego. You gave all those excuses just in case someone didn't like it and could defend yourself by saying that you said these things. Stop it.

Either it was good or not good. Either you had things to improve, or not. So, drop the shields, the defenses. And I use to be bad about that, myself. Either excuses preluding the recording or excuses afterwards.

Always give your best effort, whatever that is. Your last sentence reads more like false humility something I am not a big fan of. I don't know how to critique the song compared to the original and it doesn't matter, to me. I like how you did it. If you are dead set on sounding like the original, whoever that was, I cannot help you.

If you think your voice sounds weak, what makes you think so? Whar are you comparing to? As for botched lyrics, I have done that, a lot. Just keep rolling on, live.