Depeche mode - should be higher - cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

You are the first person I have seen in my 3+ years in this forum who has covered a DM song. And bravo, just for that.

Even though I have penchant for singing 70's style hard rock and ballads and assorted stuff, one of my secret sins is that I also enjoyed 80's dance music. Just between you and me and the rest of the forum, I really do have a cd called "Live and Sleazy" by the Village People. And I have, on vinyl, every album made by the Psychedelic Furs, for example.

So, Depeche Mode is not too far from that, for me. And I like how you did this. You have a more solid voice than the original and that is a good thing. A good match of voice and material.

Keep doing that. I may be the only one that comments but who cares? At least you have one fan. Then, again, I am a weird guy who has albums from Frank Zappa to Sarah Brightman, as well as Gustav's "Mahler" and one of my favorite movies was "Amadeus" with Tom Hulce and F. Murray Abraham. Yet, my personal theme song is "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC. For a simple redneck, I am a complicated guy.

Anyway, good stuff.

hey ronws!

I'm not a big fan of 80's dance music myself,but i quite enjoy electronic music i must say. i think DM have a unique, dark sound that made them different from standard 80's dance music bands..i'd rather put them in the new wave/electronic range.

anyway...thanks for the comment! i'm glad you liked it ;)!

You really want some dark electronic music? Try stuff from Ministry. And be aware that it is autobiographical, more than you know. I have just read the memoirs of Al Jourgensen (who is actually cuban. His last name comes from him being adopted by his step-father.)