Kings of Leon - Supersoaker (Cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Awesome. And even if I am the only one who comments, at least you have that. I like what you do with your voice. You create and issue a melody that fits the music. Granted, I can hear the technical improvements you have made over the past year and a half. You know how I hear that? Because I don't hear "technique." My mind wandered, as if I were hearing this on the radio. That is a compliment. I forgot all about technique and enjoyed the performance. This is what the end product of singing is, or should be.

Awesome. And even if I am the only one who comments, at least you have that. I like what you do with your voice. You create and issue a melody that fits the music. Granted, I can hear the technical improvements you have made over the past year and a half. You know how I hear that? Because I don't hear "technique." My mind wandered, as if I were hearing this on the radio. That is a compliment. I forgot all about technique and enjoyed the performance. This is what the end product of singing is, or should be.

Thank you Ron! I always appreciate your comments, and thank you for sticking with me all this time!

Well, you are doing what a successful pro does. You build, one fan at a time. You sing as if you sing to one person. Whoever that one person who is watching and listening to you at the moment. Because you sing to the fan, with you also being a fan of the song.

There are two types of musicians. Those who sing to the fans and those who sing to critics. Both pursuits are equally valid but those who sing to fans are financially more successful. In this forum, we are more often doing the former, singing to critics, which is also implied by the title of this section. And while it can be self-affirming to receieve praise from critics, it does not help album sales. In fact, I have never bought an album based on a critics' opinions. I base it on what I have heard from the artist before. Usually played on the radio. Or, in a compilation album. Many is a favorite song of mine that would have failed miserably with most critics, would have been shredded to bits, here.

For example, Brian Johnson, if no one knew him, might or might not receive good reviews here. And any given Sunday, you won't find him hanging out in a singer forum. You might find him at the Grand Prix in Monaco, either suiting up in his leathers or helping his driver suit up (he owns and races cars outside of the AC/DC thing.)

An old hippie song from the 70's is called "Why Can't we be Friends?" pitch an timing problems all the way through the song. Recorded mostly in one take. And a huge hit. While it is good to perfect one's craft, people seek entertainment, rather than computer like perfection.

And you entertain.