From last gig :)

Rate this topic

There were some mistakes and errors but this is just a gig :) I have some observations and a lot of work to do. So I'm happy because I have new challenges. Waiting for your feedback :D

Br,

robert

BT Polish language is quite difficult to sing a lot of ssss and zzzz ;)

I can think you're doing a good, professional job anyway! I cant do what you do, but its not really what I want to do. I used to love that stuff, but ever since I heard Ronnie booming away at the same notes with his whole body open and resonating like an insane tuning fork, I fell in love with that style instead. What note are you hitting at best?

Matt, I'm complete amateur. This was our second gig after 16 years break ...;) By that time I did not sing (with the exception of singing in the shower ;) ) About two years ago we decided to reactivate our band. Last year I started to improve my voice :) I took 3 SLS lessons, bought some courses and I'm learning... :)

I do not care how high I can sing. It doesn't matter for me. I can high but there are a lot of people who can higher :) The key for me is to sing healthily so this is also the reason why I love Ronnie's singing.

Still working on my singing and still searching for my style :) All for my and, I hope, audience pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Steven,

Is that ok from technical point of view? I do not feel any pain or problems, but I can't say that it is very easy to sing some high notes;)

Of course there is a lot of editing in this recording, so it could be difficult to give meaningful answer.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Steven,

Is that ok from technical point of view? I do not feel any pain or problems, but I can't say that it is very easy to sing some high notes;)

Robert

Robert: I was trying to communicate that you catch the listener right from the beginning, with the opening scream. Very effective.

Since you asked, I think you could experience more vocal ease, and get more sound, if you be sure that the very beginning of the note (what we call the onset) is resonant and buzzy. When you make the beginning of a note the best way you can, then you get the best outcome later.

As a practice suggestion, do a number of onsets of the note, without the slide, as if you were singing quarter notes with quarter rests, all right in a row, perhaps a total of 30-50 note starts. The purpose of the practice is to drill into habit the beginning of the note, to put yourself in the best possible situation for the whole slide.

As a second suggestion, as you transition toward the very top, I think you could benefit from some playing around with the vowel, to find one that gets you the sound you want, and is easier to do. Uh and oe (like the english word 'foot') may be helpful.

Keep rockin, dude!

Thanks Steven!!! As usual you are very helpful :)

I will try. Can you give me a link to an example? I mean this suggestion about onsets? It would be easier for me. Sometimes I'm not sure I understand how should I practice... :( Sorry for taking your time.

Br,

Robert