Tenor try to sing Soldier of fortune ,critiques please :)

• TMV World Legacy Member

You were pitchy mostly flat but the high notes of the song were not that much, you have very nice color in your voice for a tenor. I think i hear some nasality too. You slide to the notes very often, i think its ok to do it in some parts of the song but doing it almost in every phrase is not good at least for my taste, you can hit them straight so try to. Also you say "Aaah-yes ive always been..." that "ah" doesnt work, you could go "Yyyyyyes ive always been..." better.

I get the feeling you are "afraid" to sing and you sound in a bad mood - the songs that way but apart of that - i cant express it, numb maybe? Sing more freely i'd say. Your sisters not boring, its a nice addition to the atmosphere of the song, if only she were a couple metres - 6,6ft :P - further cause she was kinda loud.

Very nice color once again, if you didnt say id guess you are a baritone. Need some work but generally good.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Is it possible for the sister to talk any louder? It was distracting for me, and it must have been, for you.

I think you are not so much sliding to notes as scooping, which is an onset of the note below true pitch and I think it is because you are not onsetting from where the note is but from where you speak. So, start out singing instead of speaking then, stay there.

You had a good "ah" sound in the middle. Do that some more.

And you could use a little more brightness in the voice, at least from my aesthetic perspective. So, believe it or not, aim a little more for your sister's sound. Let it get a little clangy, like a bell, if you will.

But I, too, think you did pretty good on this song. As for pitch, take a section of the song and work it to death, finding where your voice does that part, not what you THINK the original singer is doing. Find out how your voice does it.