Can you comment honestly? Radiohead/Nude

Rate this topic

Thom Yorke is an extremely unique singer and 99% of covers are really really terrible because the voice never matches with the musical style.

I'm not saying yours is really so bad; I do think that your vocals are quite good, but they don't match with the feel of the music. You sing in a "mix" voice which has too much edge on it for my taste. If you listen to the original you can hear that Thom basically uses a very light head voice. When he opens up he is using more glottal compression and twang and all that good stuff, but it's still small and narrow.

Of course, that's part of the magic of his voice and Radiohead, but I think it's important to keep in mind that when you cover a very unique vocal style, it is hard to do well. I love Radiohead and I can't pull off even a single of their songs. It sucks.

I liked your other covers more :)

Thanks for the comment bro! Appreciate it a lot..

I sang it really different from the original (sometimes I totally didn't follow the way that Tom is doing it. Until now I was trying to create a similar cover on the performance aspect) which can be interesting but also hard for a good cover..

I recorded the same on Tom's style and I will do it again and upload with a similar way of singing/performing. Not sure you'll like it more but I'll be happy to see what you think about it.

Thank you!