Scorpions - Still loving you (vocal cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Very nice! I will comment that some notes are inconsistent for a short duration and because on a previous cover you asked about your accent, there are things to improve here, if you cant spot them i can write them down.

I like your highs and to be honest didnt expect them :) great job!

I will write the lyrics and comments next to them.

Fight, babe i'll fight / the "i'll" try not to pronounce with a fat L and shorten its duration, generally shorten your L's duration

Love / once or twice you say it "lov", i think "lav" is way better or at least "loav" if that makes sence.

There are some other things too but they are subtle and hard to explain. Generally try to smooth your pronounciation by "cutting" the end of the words, or starting and ending them smoothly, try to fast pass the consonants and stay more on vowels. Have a more free accent, not a strict one. My poor opinion is this, hope it helps. :)

Great singing Jugulator, I love it! :):)

Hahaha! the whole idea of correcting your pronunciation on this is really funny and a bit forlorn, Klause Meine sings with a Geman accent, which is at least as strong than the Russian accent you sing with!

Your pronunciation is just fine - at least a 'correct' as the original. Take it from a me.. a Brit who sings with American musicians all the time.

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

I couldnt tell Claus Mein has a non english accent, maybe his type of voice helps to cover it (?) but i doubt. Why forlorne and funny, i'd say its the second most important thing after technique and somewhat they interact a bit, accent-technique. Its hard to make it consious but not forlorne.

In my opinion every non native english speaking singers who take things more seriously should take a lot of care of their accent.

You can have a very nice car, fast, safe, comdortable etc but without colour and few scratches here and there. You will do your job just fine for yourself but try to sell it... well might be not that good example but you get the point! :D

Thank you for the discussion. Yes, I can hear that Klause sings with an accent. And I know that a certain part of the audience doesn't care about the pronunciation if they can understand what's being sung. But nevertheless I wanna improve my accent.

• 4 months later...

Hi there- This was really good!

One thing that I'd try to be careful of is to respect the rests... i.e. the exact phrasing where there is supposed to be no vocal. Especially in the chorus... the last word of each line was sung till the very end of the phrase where it isn't in the cover... just a thought :)

Hey Jugulator, great singing as always! I think this song and your voice are a perfect match! However, I would like to point two things that didn't work for me: 1) the changes between the calm and aggressive (higher pitch) voices. I think that when you did the soft parts ("time, it needs time...") you sounded to dopey which created a huge contrast in tone. If I may humbly suggest you to sing the soft parts more like Robert Plant in Stairway to Heaven, when you switch to the high power high pitch parts will still sound amazing, but as only one voice. 2) I feel you come too strong in the begining of the chosuses ("If we'd go...") and also is stretching to much the last note, giving only a short rest before the next line. Anyway, I'm no vocal teacher, nor an experienced singer, just my 2 cents. Keep on Rocking man!! :cool: