Guns N' Roses - Knocking On Heaven's Door Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

It has been some time since i posted a cover here, and here is a short cover for Guns N' Roses song. If you guys got some free time, please check it out and give me critique and feedback. Thank you and have a good day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVfXHETaHec

Very nice try, man! The lower part of the song IMO sounds even more interesting that the original. I mean your timber. The higher part requires much work to be done though. And I mean the head resonance first of all.

Thanks sir! Thats really help a lot because i just figured out that i still straining and try to sound like 'rockers' when i sing the higher part.

The key is to stay relaxed. In the low parts, you have the phrasing of the original songwriter, Bob Dylan, and that is cool. And, at that point, you also share some sound similar to GnR's other singer, Duff. The tough part about the highs is not that you cannot do them, because you can. The tough part is because with such a distinctive singer like Axl, the comparisons are inevitable.

That's a big reason why I don't share GnR covers here, at least not any more. I could sing it technically perfect, not one note out of place or off-pitch. But because I don't sound like Axl and don't want to sound like him, there will always be the advice that I need to "work on it." As the computer said in the movie, War Games, "sometimes, the only way to win is to not play the game."