Breathe in, Breathe out (as performed by Set it Off)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Alright, so I'm 23. I'm a baritone, and I have aspirations of singing in some way shape or form. I've recorded an a capella rendition of Set it Off's 'Breathe in, Breathe out'. What I'm looking for is constructive criticism. Be brutal, how do I sound? Here's the recording, audio only:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1PJ9GPH5DJh

• TMV World Legacy Member

You have potential and your voice naturally carry's a fine resonance. It wasn't bad, but I'd recommend to try a few exercises each day that would benefit your breathing technique. At times it sounded like you were struggling for air and it resulted in your voice not sounding as good as it can. Try to breath deep, and focus the breath towards the lower portion of your stomach. Hold you hands onto the side of your stomach and as you breath you should feel you stomach bulge forwards, sides, and the back. This will open you lungs more and create more of a rich sound. Also pay attention to your posture, sit up, shoulder relaxed and down, and try to ease the throat. Push the voice to the front of your mouth and tuck your tongue under your bottom teeth. If you practice this then you will start to notice huge changes in the quality of you voice.