Judas Priest Before The Dawn Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

First of all this isnt an easy song to sing, when i first heard it i was like, pff, not high notes no belting, everythings gonna be fine... not. Your voice is almost alone with the acompany of atmospheric guitar/strings and you have to perform with good tone, pitch, vibrato and whatever. Its harder than belting through the whole chorus and stuff like this.

I told you this prologue because my critique is gonna be a bit harsh but if you are new to singing, its an ok cover. Tone is nasaly, you sound strained on many places, you are missing the beat a lot, your pitch isnt stable but good thing is your vibrato, maybe because i have trouble getting vibrato myself but i liked it.

Watch some videos, take some lessons and most importantly train a lot and you'll be able to sing this at least decently pretty fast!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Timing and pitch are off. Timing is a little lagging, which might be due to latency in whatever DAW you are using. But the pitch is mostly flat, almost as if you were singing in a key about 1/2 to 1 whole step down. And not in just one place or two, but throughout. It makes me think you could not hear yourself compared to the music. How were you monitoring during recording? That might be the key to the whole process.