How is my voice for singing? Wish you were here

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi all!

I haven't really been singing a lot, and I'm wondering if it's anything for me to pursue. I uploaded a quick recording of me doing Wish You Were Here. Its far from a good recording, and I did some mistakes along the way, but you get the gist of it - big question is if its anything to keep working with? 

Link to the recording: http://yourlisten.com/LondonBaby/wish-you-were-here

Sorry for the long intro and bridge, singing starts around 1:10. 

Cheers for any and every reply! :)

• TMV World Legacy Member

There is a velvet kind of texture to it. It has softness, and kind of caresses, but it also has clear enough diction to follow. That's cool. There's no question you should keep going.

Some of the vocals were pretty slidey, like they were looking around for pitches maybe a bit longer than might be ideal. So you might want to work on speeding up some pitching. When the slide is finished, usually you hit the right pitch. So I think plain old vocal agility would be a good thing to work on.

It sounds very free and relaxed, and has an appealing timbre already. You may expand on this identity some with some other timbres, but it's a better starting point than a lot of people (including myself) were in.