A few covers, what do you think?

• TMV World Legacy Member

I'm a shower singer and have no idea if i'm actually any good or not haha, have a listen if you can and let me know what you think! Please be honest, i'd rather know i'm useless than go on to embarrass myself taking karaoke too seriously when i'm drunk or something!

'>

'>

You have a really good tone and it is wise that you started lower, in a part of the range where you are confident. You could also get closer to the original key of each song, when you are ready. Just remember, you sing lyrics, not speak them. Two different things.

You really got into the Sheeran cover, whereas the Mars cover, you seemed a bit like a deer caught in the headlights. Maybe that song worried you more. 

But, all in all, you have a really good voice and one worth developing further. So, yeah, you can step out of the shower. Word of advice on karaoke events, let others drink more. Limit yourself to one beer if you are drinking and plan to sing. Spend more time with water. Main reason is that drinking too much loosens your coordination. In fact, that is a problem much sooner than the actual systemic dehydration of drinking alcohol. Though you look kind of young. If you stepped in a bar that I was running, I would probably card you and hold it under a black light to make sure it was not tampered with. (I used to bounce for a club, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.)

The shower must have helped your voice. It is pleasant and definitely wouldn't offend anyone at karaoke. You're just a bit quiet and tentative.

But you did great keeping pitch, phrasing, and keeping up with the song. It's well above average for shower singing, but while you are here you might as well train your voice further. Expand the possibilities of what you can do and all that, maybe learn to project a bit more and see where the range limitations are.

cheers for the feedback guys! yeah i've never even thought twice about any technicalities of singing it's just something i've enjoyed doing while half daydreaming around the house, but i definitely think i'm gunna work on it a little bit now!

Few other songs i'm quite confident about i might do a video off soon.

haha i'm 19 in a few months so (just about) legal to drink over here in the UK!