Could you please tell me how I could improve?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey there! I am writing this post because I want you guys to rate my singing, I am aware that I don't sing well but I was hoping that you all could help me find the mistakes I make.

I have been playing guitar for a while now and I started trying to sing like two months ago (unfortunately for my neigbors :D) and even though it gets kinda frustrating to keep sounding bad I am having a blast, that's why I made this account and a soundcloud account to get your opinions and see if I can improve over time. 

I haven't had any vocal coaches nor the money to get one. I read something about church choruses in another post... But where I live (Spain) is not very common to get coaching in that way.

Well, thank you so much for everything, I'll be around in the forums! :)

Here's my recording:

Well im singing for a year now and i can divide my proggress in 2 stages.

1. Until 2 months ago i ONLY sang. No youtube no nothing. Huge proggress. So first advice is just SING.

2. 2 months ago i started watching youtube coaches and using this forum. During that time i improved almost as much as 10months of singing before.

So general advice (this is what im doing andbit works for now). Sing, ask help on this forum, watch videos, and save money for a good vocal proggram

For a starting point, there are some great teachers on Youtube who can help you understand a lot of the basics. Eric Arceneaux, Felicia Ricci, and Kimberly Smith all have excellent videos.

They give you tons of different exercises you can work with but the thing is, it can be hard to know if you're doing the exercise correctly, since you won't be getting direct feedback on your technique.

I'd recommend hiring a vocal coach when you can afford one. And when you can afford it, be very selective about who you choose.

Good luck