Shut up and Dance - Walk The Moon (Acoustic cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Recording a quick cover of the catchy hit single on the radio right now

I feel like the key is a bit low for my voice, any tips on how I can sound good on lower keys than my tessurita?

EDIT: lol forgot the link

Is the guitar just a little out of tune? I think it would help your vocal performance if there was a perfectly tuned guitar. Something weird is going on with the tuning and it would throw off my voice.

As for tips for improving the lower areas of the voice. For me I have two things I've done significantly. One is to take vowel like in between 'oh and ah,' kind of like 'awwww' and experiment with adding as much resonance as possible, then decreasing resonance to minimum. Try to make the timbre it brassier and brighter or darker and murkier.

So basically try to learn to swell and decrease the resonance, and sing bright/dark it helps a lot with lower notes. Listen to Frank Sinatra.

Is the guitar just a little out of tune? I think it would help your vocal performance if there was a perfectly tuned guitar. Something weird is going on with the tuning and it would throw off my voice.

As for tips for improving the lower areas of the voice. For me I have two things I've done significantly. One is to take vowel like in between 'oh and ah,' kind of like 'awwww' and experiment with adding as much resonance as possible, then decreasing resonance to minimum. Try to make the timbre it brassier and brighter or darker and murkier.

So basically try to learn to swell and decrease the resonance, and sing bright/dark it helps a lot with lower notes. Listen to Frank Sinatra.

Thanks a lot for the tips.

As for the guitar, it did feel very out of tune but it had its strings changed and been tuned by a ''professional'' so I just went along and thought that individual's judgment was better than my ears.

I'm glad I was correct.

Again thanks, I'm gonna tune it myself tomorrow and I'll try again!