Alone from Heart

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi Musikman7002, welcome to the forum! Really great job on the cover! Although you sounded good throughout the song, I thought the last two "alone" sounded fantastic! When I first discovered my head voice I did a recording of me practicing this song, and let me tell ya, it kicked my boot...

Congrats!

The day I can sing this song even half as good as this is the day I'll be happy with my voice!

Are you using twang in your head voice for those high notes in the chorus? It sounds so full and clear.

Hi Anthony, I am using twang on the chorus as well as thinning the sound a TON lol. It requires me to actually relax myself and not over project and blow a ton of air. I use twang and compression and focus on a bright tone and intensity not just looking for volume. I am going to be getting the 4 Pillars course. I was trained by a teacher who was also a student of Maestro David Kyle and I am probably using a fair amount of the same techniques for my basic voice production. But I feel that Robert should be able to push my voice a bit more and he seems to have so many modern tricks that I want to explore.

Really great control over your head voice in the chorus, I agree. I like the light, lyrical sound on the verses, and the subtle harmony in the second verse. The F#5 at 2:10 was close in timbre to the original, which was kind of..awesome..

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud