China Girl David Bowie Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

I liked it a lot, too. In fact, I have d/l'd it to my flash drive so that I can hear it in my car on the flight home. Get on the tollway, set the cruise at 80, try stay awake, most times. But this should wake me up.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Great cover and I liked how you approached. Listening in my car, I thought the vocals had a bit too much sparkle in the EQ. Then, I remembered, I adjust the eq in my radio to deal with radio and if I had left it flat for USB media, it might sound more balanced. Because, at work, where I listened to it first on some fairly decent desk top speakers, it was alright.

• TMV World Member

I liked the distortion on this.  Found it interesting that it most always started on the letter I which is a glottal attack.  You went a little soft on it after the first time around 1:59, I know those are the high notes but would've sounded great if you kept some of that compression.

• TMV World Member
8 hours ago, Jeremy Mohler said:

Thanks for being polite about the really off pitch parts about this guys, I know I messed up a lot in hindsight but I'm glad you picked something good out of it.  Thank you very much guys and much love. :)

you saved me the trouble by reviewing it yourself lol. The good parts are good and the other parts still need work. (the Marlon Brando line is the coolest part of the song but also the trickiest). Overall, a guy like Bowie can be hard to cover because he is going thru several different sounds etc and he can have some odd phrasing. Its funny because at one point I hadnt heard the song in years and I was sort of singing it from memory and I sang the Brando line totally different than Bowie and then when I did hear the song again I was like "oops". But I like my way better anyway lol.

That being said its cool to hear you double some parts and continue to work on the production process as well as the singing. Doubling is a pro skill as much as singing on pitch is etc.