"Time" - an original by ronws

• TMV World Legacy Member

In another thread in performance coaching, Q Dog was talking about trading lyric and songwriting ideas. I mentioned a song I wrote, original copyright 1990. I recorded the beginning of it some months ago on my little digital camera. Here it is. For some reason, I've got a Lonnie Van Zandt (Lynrd Skynrd) sound going on in it. Is it because I live in the south? I was born in California but have lived in Texas since 1974.

I liked the song alot, and I'd love to hear it again once you've finished or reached the next increment. I was born and raised in Texas, and only moved to NY because I got stationed here. I recently got out of the Army(wounded in action '06), so now it's time to seek other avenues and pursue my passion.

Thanks Qdog. And, as an aside, you forever have my respect for your service to our country. I was raised around the military and the only reason I couldn't serve is because I was a 4-F (medical disqualification). Asthma, believe it or not. In the 70's and early 80's, you couldn't enlist if you had asthma, at the time.

Anyway, one of my other postings in this section is "Brandy" and dedicated to important people to me that were in the Navy. But I also give it to you.

hey man...the melody is good...waiting for your full version of this...vocally I think you might need to open up your voice a bit more in the lower parts...the higher parts were ok...i am not expert just a beginner as well so i dont know if my feedback is any help...keep at it man!

Fahim

Ashique M. Fahim
Instrumental Rock Guitarist
www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
http://www.youtube.com/user/kalapoka666
www.myspace.com/amfahim
www.facebook.com/iamfahim

I can explain the funky vocals. See, I vary volume as well as pitch but this was recorded on the digital camera with a little mic that can be overloaded by a breath. But I am trying to update my stuff with Audacity as best as soon as I can.