Here's another ORIGINAL and my best mix yet cuz I didn't mix it.LOL

• TMV World Legacy Member

My lyrics, my vox, my melody

Fred's music and he's the one that mixed it; he makes me jealous! :P

Should have posted this on Halloween. Doh!:P

ALL HALLOWS EVE

http://www.reverbnation.com/852953

BTW, just for the hell of it, ILLUSION is also my melody and my lyrics but Obviously, I'm not the singer in that one.:lol:

Thanks for listening. : )

Ed

Well thank you very much, Ron! : ) I'm actually glad you ended up listening to Illusion first cuz when you like something that isn't the kind of music you normally like to listen to, that is indeed a high compliment!:D

I'm so happy that you liked ALL HALLOWS EVE!:cool: And I really appreciate the great compliment on the tone of my voice!!:D:cool::D Just out of curiosity, was it the Low or High or really low part that you liked the most? Just trying to make sure of exactly what you mean when you say DO THAT STUFF SOME MORE. ;)

Anyway, thanks again....I greatly appreciate the encouraging words!!! :):):)

Well, I certainly like the tones in the low notes. You have a fullness in the lower end that I do not have and a range down there that I do not have. The higher notes were also good and had good tone.

And so, when I say to do "that" some more, by all means, keep doing songs with low notes, as well as high notes. I am not discounting everyone's efforts to sing higher. But we should also explore and celebrate the lower notes. It is all singing, no easier or more difficult than other areas of singing. Just as importantly, keep doing songs like that one. Stay in the pursuit of art, stay in the pursuit of singing, let any technical exploration feed the singing, the art. That is, don't sing low just because you can or as a technical feat to be admired, though it is admirable. Do it because that is what the song requires.

I do that in my own songwriting. One song never gets to the 5th octave because it didn't need it. Another one has a note that scrapes paint off the ceiling, because it needed it. And, in that song of mine that has such a high note, I also end the song on one of the lowest notes I can make, because it felt like the song needed it, not because I wanted to "impress" any one with range.

And I get the feeling that your singing serves the song, rather than just a technical feat to be admired. And that is also what I hope you will continue.

Thank you so much Ron, for a FANTASTIC description which also sounds like great advice. I'm happy to say that most of the time, that's exactly how I work on originals. When I listen to someone's instrumental, I basically just try to keep my mind open and wait for the music to sing me a story in my mind. :) Sometimes I hear that story being sung during the first time I play the song and other times I have to play the song several times, but 9 times out of 10, a melody and lyric will come to me. :cool:

I try to give each instrumental exactly what I feel it needs and sometimes that even means finding a different singer.:P

But I must admit that for ALL HALLOWS EVE, I did do one part that I thought fit with the song quite well, but the biggest reason I recorded that part was to showcase what I like to call, my Morning Bass Voice. :cool: It's the part right before the bridge where I sing 2 Ahhhs & then 2 Ohhhs. The third note dips into a B1, and I did this because the highest note in the song, is a B4, and I knew if I added a B1 in just the right spot, it would make this song special, at least, special to me cuz it's the only original I've ever done all the vox to that spans 3 Octaves.:D

I call it my Morning Bass voice cuz unfortunately I can't sustain that low range throughout the entire day.:( Eventually, as the day goes by, I can just barely scrape a D2:/ But that's the beauty of recording at home, you can record as much as you want, even if it's just one very high or low line, and best of all, you can record whenever you want!:cool::D:cool:

Anyway, I love listening to Originals!:D:):D When I get some time, I'll have to check some of yours out!;):cool:

Ed