New Folk Rock Band "The Coteries" singer looking for Critique

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello,

My name's Emily and I've been a lyricist for a music publishing company for 3 years looking to branch out into singing. I've begun a new band called "The Coteries" which is about to go into the studio to record an album/launch our music. I would love a critique of our style/my singing/song content before we head into the studio to record this new material.

Thank you!

You can find a demo of "Home" at soundcloud:

You can find a youtube link to one of our other's "I hitched a ride" here:

IMHO, your voice sounds lovely. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the genre but it your voice suits the rest of the instruments. I wish I could give you a good critique but I'm just an average guy. All I can say is your pitch, rhythm, articulation is very good.

You already have what you need. A personally expressive sound as strong and identifiable as Shawn Colby, Colby Callais, Sara Bareilles, Joan Baez, even.

Record, release, make millions of dollars, now.

And I loved the video. I'm an old hard-headed fool. Live is always where "it" is at.

Thank you for the compliments! I'm an old soul Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell are idols of mine, if I could take even a small fraction of what they gave to the folk world well that would be satisfaction in itself. We're going to keep working hard and looking to record this summer.

Hi Jim,

Yes the demos we have were a one take in room mix just to start getting material together. We'll be recording in late summer in studio and I will make note to BRING THE MIX FORWARD! Thank you for the input!