Apology - Alesana. Stepping out of the comfort zone.

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://soundcloud.com/sl0wkarate/apology-acoustic-vocal-cover-incomplete

I had been working on this one for awhile. I never felt like I was getting it right. This was the attempt that I was "Happiest" with. It's labeled incomplete cause I left out part of a verse in the end lol.

I'm not familiar with the original song or group but you sounded very current and quite impressive to me. I can definitely picture hearing this on the radio with your vocals. The style isn't my thing as I'm a little old school when it comes to singing but you have the talent for sure! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your voice with us.

"GIDDYUP!"

I'm not sure what other songs you have done as I only listened to the one you linked but I could totally hear you doing stuff like Linkin Park. You've got that ringing angel voice that could be juxtaposed with distortion, if you wanted to. Though it's not necessary. You've got some twang going on. Some here get some rattle distortion by twanging just a bit more. And I'm not saying that this song needed distortion or that you should do it. I was just taken with the radio-ready (as Mike expressed) quality of your voice and how it, on this song, reminded me of Linkin Park. A light, yet solid tenor. And I liked the song, as well. I listen to a little bit of everything.

@Snax: Thanks :) Definitely a a confidence booster when it comes to my voice.

@ronws: I'll have to mess around with that and see what I can produce, I always find it entertaining trying out new things(my girlfriend was highly annoyed when I got my hands on auto tuning plugins... everything sounded like t-pain, I just couldn't resist).

I'm working on uploading a few more songs I've got recorded. Ones kind of old but two of them are from the last 2 weeks. So stay tuned!

Another thing. If you try distortion or rasp, try it at a lower pitch. It will have a neat effect against the higher angel parts. And it would also be unique, as others sing nice at low pitch and scream at high pitch.

And I forgot you did that other cover song. Sorry, I had a blonde moment and a senior moment, all at once.

A Day To Remember - If It Means A Lot To You

City and Colour - Waiting

City and Colour - Confessions

Of Mice & Men - Second and Sebring

With Confessions I struggled, it's sang in such a low tone that I have a hard time holding. So it's a bit shaky and I kind of jump around a little(or atleast I feel like I do) in pitch. Second and Sebring was my first attempt at a fast paced song with screams. If it means a lot to you, is the older song I mentioned. Recorded about 4 months ago.

Well, I was going to say that your voice is really suited for the material from City and Colour. Then, you did "Second and Sebring." And totally proved my point that you could go one step beyond Linkin Park. That guy would do a rattle for distortion, where as you are going full-tilt screamo. Excellent.

Well, I was going to say that your voice is really suited for the material from City and Colour. Then, you did "Second and Sebring." And totally proved my point that you could go one step beyond Linkin Park. That guy would do a rattle for distortion, where as you are going full-tilt screamo. Excellent.

Thanks :D I actually had a song I wanted to record yesterday to try to add some distortion, not full on scream, but just distortion as you had mentioned before. Failed to do so because I managed to walk myself into a root canal so I kind of lost all motivation after that hah. 3:30am-8:00am work, 8:30am-10:30am root canal, 11:00am-7:00pm vegetable. Hopefully I'll get it done in the next few days, but if you are curious as to what song it is then just watch the video below. And just so I know, is this the type of distortion you were talking about? Mainly during the chorus is what I'm referring to.