acoustic cover - Not a Second Time - Beatles/Lennon

• TMV World Legacy Member

I liked it Jeremy. You have a very nice soothing tone that matches the song. I never heard the original, but I think you did a good job. It is a work in progress, as you can still fix pitch and intonation in some areas. In some times your voice reminded me of Roy Orbinson. I think you could give this song a Roy feel if you just raised more your soft palate. How many steps did you lower the song, and why? You sound as if you could sing it higher. Additionally, I felt like you sounded a bit unsure/shy. Cheers

• TMV World Legacy Member

I remember the original (of course, darn it.) And I also liked it and agree with Gneetapp's comments, otherwise. You could really do this right. Maybe simplify the vocal melody to something more managable. And, I really liked the guitar work.

Thank you both so much for taking the time, I think your criticisms are definitely on point.  I did lower the song quite a bit, probably too low for my voice but unfortunately any higher would have also been too high. Also, I'm a big fan of Roy Orbison so I appreciate the comparison.

I will probably work on centering the pitch and then see if I can eventually raise the key without hurting myself.  Thanks again. :) 

cPOh14H.png