Perfect Strangers - deep purple cover *need criticism*

• TMV World Legacy Member

Got a new mic for xmas, tried it out today.....so much better then the one from the dollar store lol

Lemme know what you think :)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10046692

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Pros: Generally awesome and you have tons of talent, dude! :)

Cons: 1. You should work a bit on sustaining long notes with and without vibrato. Every now you wobble a bit when you're singing long notes (very seldomly, though). 2. Go one step further in attitude for songs like this - like you don't give a (*auto edit*) and at some places just kind of spit out the words and/or pronounce them extremely clearly. Think about Robert Plant - at some point it sounded like he transcended into another world where he didn't have a care in the world apart from the story he was conveying in his current song. He dared to take singing onto a higher level. So you should ask yourself, can I take it one step further in terms of emotion - have I gone all the way yet? If not - go further!! It's not applicable to all songs but it certainly is to most rock 'n' roll. I hope you understand what I mean. Your audience will respond even better to you.

Note that that's just my opinion.

Apart from being amazing it sounds like you are concentrating on phonation and hitting the long notes too much at times, which is taking focus away from the emotions. Like if you are holding back a bit just to sing in a "good" manner. Not always but noticable after a long note, then you go down in pitch, and the emotion with it :)

Just a though but have you tried to retell the lyrics at speaking level sometime? It should really give opertunity to flex some storytelling muscles. I have to give it a try it's just a revelation I just had hehe.

Being picky here after just two listens but great tone!