Learning distortion at last - Rattle?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys, I'm posting this as a sort of "hey all, long time no see, I'm doing well" hahah EDIT :Also, I don't ask for critique or review, I'm just showing what I've been doing for others who want to listen or study. 
I think someone posting about what they think the distortion is, or how it compares to theirs does not help my singing directly. I repeat myself "I posted this as a "hey all, this is what I've been doing" because the "tell your gains" thread is dead. If after this clarification my thread still belongs here, then I'm ok with that, but I just wanted to make it clear. I just wanted to debate singing and technique in general, or whatever someone wanted to ask ( about my vocal fold gap, reflux, etc ), cheers everyone! :) .

I've been working hard on my voice as always, carrying weight up and my headvoice twangy range.  My max weight is on B4 and headvoice range topping on E5 on good days, with a solid D#5. I have a vocal fold gap ( acording to my stroboscopy on 2015 ) and I don't know the current state of it. It's a lot better, sound, strength and stamina has gotten waaay better. I still feel my voice a lot different though, I don't know if its because of the vocalis muscle that's grown stronger or what, but I wouldn't give up the stability of my voice now or my sound, for the flexibility or -strained- range I had before ( 2014-2015 )

Well, I come to tell you guys... I at last found some kind of distortion that feels healthy in my voice, and is sustainable.

I've tried the "throat singing" type of distortion ( false folds and cartilage, Hetfield style ) but it hurts and always leaves me with air leak and poor stamina for days or a week or two, even.

I've tried creaking distortion but as I already mentioned, my voice is kind of f***ed up in some way, and I don't know if it's normal but I have a hard time coordinating fry, lol. and when I manage, it leaves my voice very worn out if done for 20 minutes.

This kind of distortion I found is probably like the rattle described in CVT terms ( kind of what Jorn Lande does most of the time ), where something ( I think arytenoid cartilage ? ) vibrates, but in a different way, I feel like the upper and side walls of my pharynx contracting, which makes something vibrate and produce this "overlay".
I

t's still a thin grit and I have to put quite a bit of effort in it to make the walls contract enough to make the sound but I guess with time and patience the strength will come and I'll be able to put more "anger" into it coordinated with vocal weight.  I must mention that doing this distortion makes my voice last longer, stamina is better, and closure is getting better too. I feel my muscles are working out and getting stronger, and I have an easier time mixing into my upper range. All this change in a span of 5 days, so it's important to note.

I hope you guys like how it sounds, this is the fifth day since I found it, videos are from yesterday :)