Hi guys first upload, this is my own song, can you critique???

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys,

This is an excerpt of a demo of my bands first album, the song is called Devastate it..

http://www.box.net/shared/0lk680goeb

Be cool to see what you think of my voice..

Thanks guys.

Astounding. I hear quite a bit of clean Axl Rose in there and I do mean that as a compliment. I am the biggest and oldest Guns and Roses fan here.

edited to add:

In other words, I didn't have any suggestions. It was fine just the way it is. Or, were you fishing for compliments?

Ahh thanks for the astoundment, my voice has improved a heck of a lot from this forum and using KTVA..

Not at all fishing for compliments, I personally think my voice can do with being less whiny sometimes..

In regards to cvt what vocal modes am I using there??

I spoke to Ken about it and he said I still need to support more, I'm also using glottal compression on my voice especially on the chorus attack, the difficulty I get sometimes is overthinking the note, so I was lookin for any tips on keeping an open throat!!

Nice one and thanks, I love Axl Rose's voice its so unique, I have a cleaner voice..a bit more Myles Kennedy, but if I could sit somewhere in the middle I will be very happy!! :D

Mike - As I stated in your other post I think it sounds great. I've got a question for you regarding Ken - How did you have Ken analyze your song? Did you take a lesson with him and play it for him in the lesson? Or did you submit the song for his analysis? Or did you simply just have him coach you on this song during a lesson? I haven't taken any lessons with him yet - just working on his Video programs and I'm curious to hear what kinds of things he does in his lessons, and how flexible he is.

Geno

Thanks man :)

When I joined the course I sent an email with attachement to him a demo of my voice and then after I completed the 2nd stage I sent him this and asked him to have a listen, thats all..

I still have one webcam lesson to have sometime, but I need a webcam, I really would like this as I maybe making the same mistakes over and over and not realising..

Maybe you could just send him an email.

Archived