A couple of Handel songs

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone, as I'm new here i thought i'd post a couple of songs from

a musical evening at which I sang two pieces by Handel, Silent Worship (actually an aria originally in Italian from his opera Tolomeo but with English words written much later by a Victorian composer - the song became a favourite Edwardian parlour piece) and Where'er you walk (which Jupiter sings in the opera Semele).

It's not fantastic sound quality, and you need to put the volume up quite high. For the second song I moved relative to the mic so it sounds different. They are here:

http://www.box.net/shared/9v37xesx8s

I'd be interested in your views. Thanks!

Nigel

Thanks Robert!

it is pretty, isn't it?

working on a couple of Scarlatti standards now / Gia il sole dal Gange and Sento nel Core. they're good for variation of expression.

N

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nigello, I feel you are a bit pitchy at times in the first song and a bit weak; but a good semi pro performance...The second song was far better; maybe because you were more relaxed...your voice is much more more full and rich in textures; some small pitch areas 1/4 the way in when you sustain the word "to"...I think you need to continue to work on your breath support..seems when you run out of air you fall short on pitch... the word the very last verse you sing "Sit" and the run "shall crowd into a shed" seems a bit tight and did not flow as nicely as you are capable of...I think more breath & Diaphram support, a solid vocal warm up will take you from Semi Pro to Pro in a very short period of time...

Byron

www.myspace.com/brtempleofsound
www.vamacoustics.com

Thank you Byron for taking the time to listen and give such specific comments. I appreciate your input. I will try and work on those points. In fact I think I'd worked more on the second song, partly because I saw it as more difficult and needing more practice - which just goes to show, you have to work at every song, regardless of how "easy" it may seem, to do it justice.

Will post something again soon.

Nigel