Somebody to Love

• TMV World Legacy Member

I am trying to learn this one. The audio was taken from the "tape out" from my PA. I know that I do not have the phrasing right yet, and I've got some cracking going on. Any input would be great. I recorded the third time I have EVER sang it. I also know I should I should listen to the original lol.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11135097&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

• TMV World Legacy Member

It was hard for me to separate this from the original, which is a lighter voice than yours. Granted, Freddie was not the highest singer in the band (that was Roger Taylor, the drummer, on the high note in "Bohemian Rhapsody") but his vocal weight was light, maybe leggiero but certainly lyrico.

So, as a dramatic tenor weight, I think you did really well on this song. And I am not one to judge covers, really.

I have a clean voice and that never stops me from singing "Highway to Hell," no matter how many people think that it is wrong for me to do that.

I think you provided an excellent variation on it. A light song delivered by a heavy registration, at least on this song.

Archived