• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys, I've only been singing for about 6 months, but I'd like any tips you guys could share with me.

I'm trying to become an awesome singer as fast as I can, and that's much easier with a bit of direction.

Thanks! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rAV-c-O5QY&feature=channel_video_title

I'm trying to become an awesome singer as fast as I can,

Great attitude. I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Very good and soulful singing here.

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

I agree. Your singing was good. I also did the Singing Success thing. It has a lot of useful things but needs to emphasize and explain how to develop breath management; a crucial part of the whole in singing. If you do some searches on this board and follow a lot of the discussions here, there is a lot to be learned about using your air efficiently. I hit a major roadblock with SS after a while because I was totally unaware how important it is.

I'd say you've already got most of what you need. A unique timbre (tonal quality) in your voice and what sounds like a relaxed delivery, and strong rhythm.

The "most awesome" singers you can think of did whatever it is their voice can do. And worked with that. For example, the song you played is absolutely perfect for your voice. Keep that up, as in, work with songs and material that fit your voice and your style of presentation.

Your voice sounds like it is placed where it needs to be and you're not trying to sing out of range, either too high or too low. Stick with that, too. By all means, try other things but remember, no strain in the throat, ever. I don't mean tension. Tension is required to walk, play guitar, talk, sing.

Anyway, if you keep your voice placed where it should be, breath support will usually follow. I could see that you did not raise your chest to breathe. That is a good thing. You are probably breathing with your belly and that is the way to breathe, in general and for singing.

Good luck.

Also, ronws, you said I played a song perfect for my voice. That is actually an original song of mine, and I can't seem to sing other peoples songs very well...

It seems like I sing songs that aren't mine an octave lower than I should be.

Is this a normal thing to have happen, and I'll just get over it in time?

Or is there something specific I should be doing to be able to reach the same pitch? I can't sing an octave higher, because that is way too high pitched than the singer itself...

Maybe my tone is just a lower tone than most singers I listen to? I'm not sure. Any help would be great.

Archived