Elena House singing "Time to say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone.

In this video I'm singing "Time to say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman.

I love the song and had to work awhile to get to hold that final note that long.

I tried out using a green screen in this video.

Instead of traveling to so many locations like in my last music video I could bring the locations to me. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9OsjRShVXY

www.elenahouseonline.com

Thank you so much for the complement Olem. I too love the version with Sarah and Andre. If you get the chance you should hear Jackie Evancho's version.

Hi Jewels. Thanks for the complement. Adolph has been so helpful with my singing. He's a great guy. Nice to have met you.

www.elenahouseonline.com

I wanted to wait a while before hearing this and commenting.

I have admired a number of singers and styles. I've sang from AC/DC to Tim McGraw.(In fact, right now, I am wearing my AC/DC t-shirt underneath my University of Texas hoodie sweater. That's me, a dedicated follower of fashion.) But my absolute favorite voice in the world is Sarah Brightman. Especially on this song. Let me make this post longer by describing what it means to me. My professional career has been as an electrician. So, often when I was listening to her first big-selling cd that had this song on it, I would spend the day in a 4 foot deep trench assembling PVC conduit for power, telephone, fiberoptic, etcetera.

I get in my car, dirt from head to toe, sweaty, tired, a snout full of dirt, ancient cow manure in the soil, and diesel fumes from construction equipment. And put on this song. And I would sing along with it (think of Justin Hawkins covering art songs!) Perfection. Music calms the savage beast. It was the perfect antidote for the beast of the field, such as myself. During the work day, I would hear enough of the profane and be ready for some of the divine.

And I did not want to unfairly compare. Each voice is its own and this is a challenging song because it covers so much range. Sarah's vowels are closer to italian than yours, even though she is british. And she has more energy in the top end. That beings said, your performance was really good, as you stuck to pitch accuracy and an even tone. That is, you did well and it was a pleasantly different experience to hear.

Archived