Georgia Pt 2

• TMV World Legacy Member

One more time. This time without backing music.

Ok, so I'm still working on this song even though I should be resting my voice :) Doc says it's an upper respiratory infection. I figured I'd make one last recording to round out my starting point on this song. When I'm recovered I will work on ironing out the details of the song and try to improve it. My voice disappears in a couple of spots here but so be it. After this I will be resting until all better. Then hopefully, at some point a worked on version that will hopefully be better than these first attempts.

Thanks for watching/listening

Tommy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGlBwziVxW8

I really like the way you stayed more connected with your breath. Sounds like you've made some good progress on metering your air.

A lot of the vibrato is well controlled, which is hard to do when you aren't connected well. Once you get the complete feel for the melody of how you want to do it, it is going to sound really good.

You hit a key point, Tommy. Phrasing. More than one teacher of old has said that an important of singing and how one manages breath is diction and phrasing.

I mean sure, we sing on the vowel, not the consonant. But without the consonant, it's just vocalizing, rather than singing. phrasing also allows breath takes.

Archived