I Dreamed a Dream - By Wicked. Male cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

I sang one octave below the original because... yeah lol

http://www.box.com/s/a66fd7b346ec3585ded4

Please criticize and nitpick : )

Thanks!

-Allan

Last edited by Speculate (Today 14:08:31)

Good voice. Some notes require more support. And to me, some of the notes are too low for you.

I totally agree with you about the support point! I should do more breathing from the diaphragm exercises right?

There were some points i wish were more supported.. because it seems the singing sounds lifeless without it.

Yeah. Very nice voice. nicely done!

But from 1:52 you have unnecessarily changed your setup. What you have done is something I've been think over recent days. Here are the conclusions that may work well for you too. - You have probebly trying to darken the higher notes, but have concentrating on rising palet too much (too much yawn), and when you lift the palate you also tense it. This can lead to tensions of tongue root and when root of tongue is tensed you can't lower the larynx and shape tongue properly. The outcome sound is what we call Kermit (frog) .

If you want to get dark sound without it - do not concentrate on yawn. Concentrate on shape of mouth, compressed tongue and slightly lower larynx.

Hope it can be helpful for you as for me. :)

Regards!

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Yeah. Very nice voice. nicely done!

But from 1:52 you have unnecessarily changed your setup. What you have done is something I've been think over recent days. Here are the conclusions that may work well for you too. - You have probebly trying to darken the higher notes, but have concentrating on rising palet too much (too much yawn), and when you lift the palate you also tense it. This can lead to tensions of tongue root and when root of tongue is tensed you can't lower the larynx and shape tongue properly. The outcome sound is what we call Kermit (frog) .

If you want to get dark sound without it - do not concentrate on yawn. Concentrate on shape of mouth, compressed tongue and slightly lower larynx.

Hope it can be helpful for you as for me. :)

Regards!

Thank you so much! I actually have noticed that sometimes my voice sounds a bit like kermit the frog. I dont like it! : s. Ill follow your tips on "do not concentrate on yawn. Concentrate on shape of mouth, compressed tongue and slightly lower larynx. "

also, i think better support would help as well.. so i dont have to work so hard to make higher notes sound more full. but then again, of course proper breath support helps all aspects of singing.

Thanks!

Archived