Singing Abandoned by Kamelot

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiAlv721q6c

Just another video of me singing in the car. Hope you like it.

There's more vibrato in this, because that's how it sounds originally and I love it that way.

I know it sounds like I'm saying "berwildered" and I am, I just can't pay as much attention to diction while I'm driving. Enjoy!

"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!"

You should submit a song that you sing while you are not driving. Hard to critique your singing while your attention is on driving. It sounds ok, but also sounds like you aren't supporting very well. Sitting and driving just isn't optimal cOnditions for singing lol

www.drop-head.com

You should submit a song that you sing while you are not driving. Hard to critique your singing while your attention is on driving. It sounds ok, but also sounds like you aren't supporting very well. Sitting and driving just isn't optimal cOnditions for singing lol

I'm always singing in my car. Come to think of it, I've never sung outside the car. Haha!

Granted I'm pretty biased, but does it really matter that much?

Now, regarding the vocals!

Your lows sound good and there was some fine moments in the end, but as Keith points out; sounds like you're lacking proper support... or perhaps guts! I don't mean to be insulting, but sometimes it's just a matter of holding back.

You just summarized why singing while driving isn't optimal lol. Too much concentration on road, lack of support, ect. I sing and drive - come to think of it, I sing everywhere lol. But, I would not try and get peoples critiques from a song I sang while my mind was completely somewhere else. The reason is this: I would make mistakes while driving that I would not normally make while just standing up and singing. In order to get a "good" critique, I would want people to hear me while I was standing up and suppporting properly. Otherwise, one may get commentd about things that I would not be doing otherwise. That is all. lol.

www.drop-head.com

I too sing in my car "a lot." I have been driving a long distance to and from work for many years. I now drive 1.5 hours each way every day (85 miles each way). This is down from 100 miles I used to do and before that 2 hours and 20 minutes each way...114 miles one way. I've been doing this every day since about 1989. All that time I have been singing to and from work :D Quite a few years back that singing in the car switched from singing for pleasure to singing for practice. I learned by copying. I taught myself a lot but the downside was not realizing a truer sound because I was always seated and not practicing posture, complete breath freedom, support or good resonance.

A few weeks back I thought about how good the sound of my karaoke CD's was in the car and played them in there singing along. The music sounded fantastic and I assumed the vocals did also. Must be great for recording then, right? So I did. After a listen back, I deleted everything. I had done 3 songs I think. The music sounded good while I'm in the car listening and wasn't too bad recorded but the vocals? Not so good. No acoustics. The sound is dead.

And this is coming from me...Tommy. If you know me and my cheap ass recording method, then for me to say the car is bad...well :D

That being said, I also think, as has been said already, that sitting in a car doesn't produce the best vocals. You didn't sound bad but I'm sure if you were standing and focusing on posture and in turn proper breath control it would have sounded more focused and supported. I stand when I record. Your sound may have been a little distracted and unattached. Not bad though. Seems a little control may have slipped away a few times; your voice wavered a bit. Tone may not have been consistent. Not bad though. Probably better standing. :D

Tommy

You just summarized why singing while driving isn't optimal lol. Too much concentration on road, lack of support, ect. I sing and drive - come to think of it, I sing everywhere lol. But, I would not try and get peoples critiques from a song I sang while my mind was completely somewhere else. The reason is this: I would make mistakes while driving that I would not normally make while just standing up and singing. In order to get a "good" critique, I would want people to hear me while I was standing up and suppporting properly. Otherwise, one may get commentd about things that I would not be doing otherwise. That is all. lol.

Sounds like valid points! :)