Stormy Monday Test run

• TMV World Legacy Member

Yo!

This is a rough sketch, so to speak of "Stormy Monday." I haven't done this song before because I don't have a good backing track. This one sucks as do most (all) I've found. It doesn't sound like Stormy Monday, it only sounds like a (any) blues progression. I can't get the feel of the song. There isn't any emotion in the backing track for me. I don't feel it.

Anyway, here's a quick run through/test run. Short, straight, and too the point. Maybe some time down the road I'll get it done right :)

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11704126&q=hi

Your voice is flawless as usual, mr Bluesman. Your voice is still clipping the mic, lower the input settings on your amplifier and that should do it.

Thanks Olem.

RE; clipping. Yea I know, I tend to sing loud. I can get pretty good vocal power when I want. Problem is it happens sometimes even when I don't want :D I have to keep moving the mic closer and then further. I never know when I might go louder or with more power or softer and lighter, it happens more by feel than by plan. I feel an emotion I let it out! I don't think I sing a song the same twice. :D

Thanks Olem

Archived