radiohead creep-cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

new cover with more support on the high notes :P : http://picosong.com/wtwd/

previous cover with less support on the high notes : http://picosong.com/wxuv/

here is me singing creep from radiohead, I'd appreciate some advices, I'm I using support ? what should I improve ?

I thought you did a pretty nice job. I thought you had good pitch event though the guitar tuning was a little off. Maybe be aware of your annunciation a little more. You did a nice job with the dynamics of the song. Keep working hard.:)

Steve

thanks, do you think I use support ? I've read about it and I trained, but I have no teacher so I can't tell if I got it right or no

and what do you mean by annunciation ? do I have to improve my english ? pronounciation ?

I don't think of Thoms vocals as sounding like he is singing through a sock, they are quite clear actually. His style may seem more laid back, relaxed and soulful but his diction is pretty good. Maybe it is the way certain words are pronounced that gave me trouble.

I agree with Vocalist dad on the word pronunciation. Also, what goes with that is the formation of the words. Some of the consonants were too pronounced. Overall I thought it sounded decent and felt it had the potential to be worked into a good recording with some polishing and technique. At around 2:41 and I thing 2:59....I can't remember...it sounded like you may have ran out of gas just a little...maybe more support.

Good job :)

As you know, I'm no pro, but I like what I heard. The two main things that stand out to me are the loudness of the guitar compared to your voice and, as others have said, the pronunciation at certain points. However, these are possibly just issues with this recording and not your voice in general.

If you're worried about volume because of your parents, I'd just wait until they leave and maybe try recording this song again with less guitar volume, if you're up for it? If you are too loud, your neighbors aren't going to complain about one recording session, I wouldn't think.

The other area for improvement might be the nasal sound at some points, but I do think that's partly caused by the lack of support. Again, I'm not an expert, so please take this with a grain of salt, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Keep it up! :)

thanks bro, I'll try t o do it again, for the nasality, its an organic problem, some shit I have in the nose, I will see the doctor to fix it, I also think that it doesn't allow me to sing the way I want, as you know, pushing the sound to the nasal cavities is suggested for the mixed voice, I always avoid that, and keep the sound in my throat(thats how I feel) to avoide the nasal sound, I'm so nasal when I let myself go lol

I hope that the doctor will fix it, and I'll make a new record

here is a new recording, the guitar isn't lound, but there is always some mistakes, I just can't make a perfect one lol

I'm always fighting the nasality and I forget about the pronunciation, and the nasal sound is always their, as I said, only a doctor can help me,

so here it is : http://picosong.com/wtwd/

this is the last time I sing this song, ****ing depressing :P

and what do you think of the A4 ?

thanks for the help :)

!!!

I couldn't hear anything that could be improved upon here, but I just wanted to say I really like this! I did have to turn my speakers down when you started singing that bridge, though. (I also have sensitive ears, so don't take that the wrong way.) :P

I didn't bother listening to the older version. Only the second version in the first post.

And I liked it. Better than the original. The original singer has a tone in his voice I didn't particularly like, even though it's a cool song. I like your tone much better, a gift of genetics, I suppose.

Unlike others, I think your diction was great and I could finally hear the lyrics better than the original. The original was way more whiny and nasal than you.

Excellent choice of vowels for "notice" and "special." Eh sound really worked well for you on those. The guitar was slightly out of tune but I didn't let that stop me. Because you did this totally acoustically, without autotune, unlike the album. You have the right voice for this song. Keep it in your set list if you have covers in your set list. You should put it on an album, after paying a blanket fee to ASCAP.

In fact, the way that "Hurt" by NIN became Johnny Cash's song, this one should become yours.

I don't know if I am just in a really good mood or lack enough vinegar and stomach acid to give "tough love," but I can't think of any suggestions other than tune the guitar.

You really did a good job.

Unlike others, I think your diction was great and I could finally hear the lyrics better than the original. The original was way more whiny and nasal than you.

While I explained my points on the pronunciation of certain words already, I won't rehash. But I will add something because it is even on the newer version he posted. I think some pronunciation problems are just small things that can use some work...nothing major.... I think most of it may be a language issue with English not being comfortable for him. For example at the beginning for the word "feather, he says (on both versions) fedder.

Minor detail :D

@ronws : oh man that's the kindest thing anyone has told me in my hole life ! cause I really began to lose hope on my voice, I was telling myself that I'm just not made for this... wow thanks a lot !

@tommy yes I've got that problem, but, you know, the only time I talk english is when I sing, even our second language where I live is french, english is the third one lol, and I've got the nasality problem that I always try to avoid till I see the doctor, and that surely affects my pronunciation, I hope that the doctor will remove this shit from my nose

@tommy yes I've got that problem, but, you know, the only time I talk english is when I sing, even our second language where I live is french, english is the third one lol, and I've got the nasality problem that I always try to avoid till I see the doctor, and that surely affects my pronunciation, I hope that the doctor will remove this shit from my nose

I understand, believe me :) I'm not saying anything negative, only small points that would clean up the song imo. I already told you I thought you sounded good. But sometimes the little things make big differences. I'm sure the language thing is a tough one. But when someone points something out I think it is better than not. It gives the opportunity to learn a bit more. Pronunciation and clarity i something I work on myself and I try to take notice when I cut words or the beginning of sentences. I think it kills the note and it just muddies up the phrase.

You're doing ok....minor details :)

Tommy, it' okay for us to have different views of the same performance. You don't have to justify to me what your point was, or win me over to your pov. We all listen through our own filters.

Tommy, it' okay for us to have different views of the same performance. You don't have to justify to me what your point was, or win me over to your pov. We all listen through our own filters.

I hear ya cowboy!! :D I know I quoted you but that was only because it was a good aid for me to clarify my thoughts. Not really a direct response to you bud.

I just feel it is always good to give a reason for a statement or when possible data to back a claim etc. I didn't realize he posted a second version until I saw your post, so I listened and heard the same thing I heard earlier and thought I would comment and also clarify my points. It's all good bro! :)