Whitesnake - Fool For You Loving No More

• TMV World Legacy Member

Tough song to do. But then David was always good at doing that - singing songs that are tough for others, except for his old friend, Glenn Hughes.

I would worry less about getting the "David" tone and little more about holding pitch. I could hear lots of scoops up to a pitch and a number of note crashes (descending off the pitch at the end of the note.) And some constriction, as well. That is, sing this song in a legit voice before adding rasp. Do that as a training exercise for singing, in general, and for this song. Once you have the notes where you want them, let the "rasp" back in very gradually. The thing is, I think, the rasp is actually more subtle than most people perceive it to be.

And yes, I have spent my time scooping and crashing, too. In fact, one person here, Jonpall, mentioned I was crashing notes. And it was the greatest thing he has done for me, a most succinct pointer. Because I watched how I sang and spoke for a few weeks and he was right. Just having my attention on it helped. And the way I fixed scoops and crashes is to imagine the note going on before and after I end it.

You don't have to record a clean version of this other than for training but I would like to hear it if you feel so inclined to post it, or even email it to me. No, I am not an expert and my opinion and $1.70 will get you a Diet Coke.

And I, too, have received strong criticism in the past and I think I am better for it. It makes me really consider what I am doing before I do it.

Felipe had a thread about recording and he said something so important and valuable. Have the performance rock solid. Then, recording is just clicking buttons.

I think you have a cool tone in your voice, even if this song turns out not to best one to showcase your voice. That is something else to consider is song choice. Sometimes, I can do one song by someone and do it really well. Try another one by that same person and create a horror that frightens even the bravest of us all. I had one song that I thought was so bad that I never exported it to share until I started a thread of my worst moments. You can hear them in my thread, "Sins of the Past." And you would be absolutely free to say, "Yeah, Ron, you were crap on that. What were you thinking?"

:lol:

I've already thought of a song that would suit your voice, I think. Though I don't know if there's a karaoke track for it. It's the theme song to a show and I have wanted to do the song, even though I don't sound like the singer.

• TMV World Legacy Member

I agree with Ron, pitch :)

I have said it before on other recordings you have posted here. Your voice is very good and you can not only hit the notes you can sing them. You definitely have the voice. The only problem, as I have said in the past as well as on this recording, is pitch.