It's a man's world - Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys I covered It's a man's world this week. It's one of my favourite songs that I like to sing :) I would LOVE to hear your comments =] thanks a bunch^^

http://chirb.it/q7dgag

This is a tough song for me to critique :) With some songs, the original is so distinctive you just can;t erase it from your mind. This song is so strong they even use it in a commercial. To me, it has a s signature sound and most every cover I've heard pretty much sticks to that. In this case it is sort of like selling your home. They say first impressions count and you should dress up the path to the house and the doorway/entrance. Spruce up the garden in front and plant some attractive shrubs. Well the key to this song, the entrance if you will (at least to me) is the opening. "This is a man's world!" I put an exclamation point there. Why? Because it is making a statement and to me, it is setting up the rest of the song. That is a classic opening to a song and it is recognizable and it is drawing the listener in to listen to the rest of the song. "What does he have to say?"

Unfortunately, at least for me, when I heard the opening note of the song, I was expecting the booming "THIS IS A MANS WORLD! once the vocals kicked in. But instead I got a meek unsure laid back "this is a mans world" Really? I felt let down. A song shouldn't do that. :) You may have been hurt by the original in this case. Or the standard since it seems that for this song at least, it has become pretty standard to at least stick to a certain theme even in personal renditions.

Your singing isn't bad but it needs a little more pep imo. I think some more support would be in order. It's sounding a little weak. But pitch wasn't bad and it seems you can do a few things with your voice so maybe you have some control. Tone was good. Just needs more oomph. :) Some better pronunciation, support and amplification.

Unfortunately, at least for me, when I heard the opening note of the song, I was expecting the booming "THIS IS A MANS WORLD! once the vocals kicked in. But instead I got a meek unsure laid back "this is a mans world" Really? I felt let down.

haha, Exactly what I was going to say.

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach